Find Me

Kimberly  Krey on StoryFinds

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Treadmill Desk Hack



Check it out!

At a recent RWA conference, a well-known author said that her treadmill desk helped keep her in shape while she wrote. In fact, she had a stationary bike desk as well. I'd never heard of such things! I remember thinking, "I need to get my hands on something like that —and quick!"

The idea stayed somewhere in the back of my head until a thought came to me in the middle of the night because that's when big ideas come to me: What if I can just make one myself? I could work on my edits (for my soon-to-be-released book) while getting my steps all at once.

When the sun came up I marched downstairs, took a long look at my treadmill, and came up with a mental picture of what I'd need to make it work. For mine, I needed only a sturdy board, which I found in our storage room.

From there, I hosted an exercise & edits party with just one guest, two purposes, and three miles under my belt in the first morning. I wasn't going for cardio here. No running shoes or sports bras necessary. I went barefoot in PJs. But it was wonderful, and I just had to share!

How many of you are "counting steps" with a fitbit or something like it? What lengths do you go to to get those steps in? I'd love to hear about your big ideas!

New from a few of my favorite authors:

DYING to RUN,
by Cami Checketts
In Cassidy's battle against human trafficking there are two choices: run or be captured.
Captured by the traffickers who killed her mother, Cassidy's only hope is Dr. Tattoo, a man she loves but nobody trusts. When she finally gets a chance to run, someone else she cares about is taken. Innocent families are being ripped apart and Cassidy must decide if she's brave enough to stop running and join the fight.
Get if here.

Blindsided
(Fair Catch Series, Book Three)
by Christine Kersey

Mari adores four-year-old Harper, but when Harper's mother sends them to stay with Hank while she finishes her movie shoot, Mari doesn't know what to expect.
It doesn't take long for sparks to fly. Too bad acting on their mutual attraction will ignite a firestorm.

He’s an NFL all-star and single father.
She's his daughter's nanny.
Too bad acting on their mutual attraction will ignite a firestorm.
When NFL running back and single dad Hank Parson meets Mari, his daughter's nanny, he's smitten. Too bad his movie star ex-wife can yank Mari out of his life on a whim.
Free in KU

No comments:

Post a Comment